|COMPANY OVERVIEW: |
Race Point Publishing, an imprint of Quayside Publishing Group, is dedicated to publishing high quality illustrated books in a variety of subjects ranging from Art, Cooking and Craft to Entertainment, Performing Arts and Pop-Culture as well as History, Transportation and Travel. As a general interest publisher of illustrated books we strive to balance both form and function to deliver authoritative content in a beautiful package that will delight and inspire the consumer.
Race Point Publishing is seeking an acquiring editor with a command of all aspects of book publishing who will have responsibility for content acquisition and book development, working with a team of freelance editors and designers. This role requires strong analytical skills and judgment, book development experience, negotiation skills, interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of success. This hands-on position will work with the Publisher to evaluate, acquire and develop proposals from concept through production.
The Acquiring Editor will have experience in managing author relationships and negotiations, as well as an understanding of sales and marketing. Our ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think and act strategically, while having the hands-on skills to manage projects from start to finish. Candidates should be innovative, creative thinkers with a goals-oriented, entrepreneurial approach to publishing.
Manage all publishing processes, including but not limited to: budgeting, acquisitions, creating P&Ls, and the coordination of new books, through product release and shipping.
• Oversee the design, editing and production of a wide range of general interest, illustrated books
• Work with Publisher on content acquisitions efforts and manage author/designer relationships and contract negotiations
• Act as a liaison between authors and editors, freelancers, and different departments within the company
• Traffic books through all stages of editorial production and coordinate the process with the authors
• Work closely with sales and marketing to ensure strategic planning and scheduling of new books
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in publishing illustrated, non-fiction books
• Knowledge of all aspects of publishing with an emphasis on book development and production
• Experienced at strategic planning with a proven ability to successfully develop marketable publishing concepts
• A proven record of meeting deadlines and budgets while maintaining the highest level of quality control.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills to establish and maintain strong working relationships, both internal and external
Quayside Publishing Group offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and 401k with company match.
Full time benefit offerings may include:
Paid Sick Time
Personal Time Off
Voluntary Life Insurance
Long Term Disability