|WND Books is seeking a Communications Strategist to orchestrate and oversee all marketing, publicity, and book promotion matters related to WND Books, its authors, and its imprints. In coordination with contract publicists and marketing specialists, this person will create and implement targeted, timely promotional plans for our books and authors (approximately 25 titles annually) that will optimize media opportunities and provide maximum visibility. |
Additionally, the Communications Strategist will be responsible for managing the WND Books brand, effectively overseeing and enhancing our virtual footprint and public perception.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Design and execute strategic marketing plans to launch new books and to maintain ongoing marketing for backlist titles;
• Craft a public image for WND Books and its imprints that appropriately reflects its current identity and direction through consistent print and Web materials;
• Manage and grow WND Books brand presence on social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr;
• Manage and update content on WND Books website, including the upload of new titles and generation of new content on blogs, newsletters, etc.
• Oversee WND Books program, Author Digital, which provides online support and implementation for authors, including but not limited to social media campaigns and individual websites;
• Play an active role in acquisition meetings, determining the commercial viability of potential titles;
• Oversee the creation and distribution of press catalogs (two per year);
• Coordinate marketing and publicity efforts with VP of Publishing, as well as selected marketing and publicity contractors;
• Work with authors to maximize promotion efforts and to provide clear information about the support their books are receiving;
• Build relationships and seek partnerships with bloggers, media, and potential associates;
• Engage in increasingly digital marketing and publicity initiatives, carrying out innovative, affordable Web-based marketing efforts.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in marketing and publicity, familiarity with book publishing required;
• Flexibility and energy to navigate both general trade markets, as well as Christian markets;
• Familiarity with and interest in current events and politics;
• Exceptional written and oral communications skills;
• High level of professionalism and discretion;
• Capacity for big-picture thinking and detailed follow through;
• Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team;
• Knowledge of search engine optimization; experience optimizing Web sites for search engines preferred;
• Demonstrated experience using Facebook and Twitter to implement campaigns that support business goals;
• Experience implementing online advertising campaigns preferred.