|Associate Project Editor|
|Globe Pequot Press|
• Project manages approximately 30 to 35 titles per year as assigned by Managing Editor.
• Ensures manuscripts meet company standards and conforms to the vision of the work as described in the author’s contract.
• Works closely with the Acquisition Editor in matters pertaining to author management and style of work.
• Performs structural edit and line edit as necessary.
• Hires copyeditors, proofreaders, and indexers; sends copyedited manuscript to author, and works with author to resolve queries and review author changes.
• Transmits manuscript and art to Design and Production.
• Fills out all paperwork as necessary.
• Manages book files in content management system.
• Manages freelancer costs and keeps books on budget.
• Processes freelancer invoices.
• Contributes ideas and perspective on systems and process to increase efficiency.
• Attends meetings as necessary to facilitate book process.
• Manages information, such as title information for various reports and meetings, entering information into the title management software system as necessary.
• Keeps books on schedule.
• Ability to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines.
• Expertise in Microsoft Office including Excel and track changes in Word.
• Must be able to work electronically and to manage content accordingly, and perform fact checks on titles online.
• Excellent communication skills.
•Bachelor’s degree and 2 to 4 years of book publishing experience necessary.