|The Marketing Manager will be responsible for creating, executing, measuring and reporting on the impact of integrated marketing strategies. The Marketing Manager will develop and execute multi-platform advertising and promotional programs, working alongside our marketing, publicity, and sales teams to ensure effective execution of marketing campaigns, promotions, and channel strategies. |
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop and execute effective marketing programs. Create annual/seasonal marketing calendars that maximize sales, return on marketing investment, and enhance Lerner Publishing Group’s brand image. Identify promotion tactics that will create interest, drive sales, and enhance brand within targeted markets.
2. Manage all aspects of ad planning, ad trafficking, promotional efforts, production schedules and mailings, and direct sales support programs – all of which will integrate and align with overall corporate initiatives.
3. Oversee development, production, and quality of all catalogs and marketing materials. Review catalogs, Web sites, and other marketing pieces for content accuracy and best promotional presentation.
4. Create and drive innovative approaches to online, email, and social media marketing campaigns.
5. Integrate all online and offline marketing to create a customer-centric, benefits-driven, and cohesive brand image.
6. Provide input to company websites to support strategic marketing, sales, and business objectives. Identify online promotion tactics that will increase online traffic, drive eCommerce transactions, and increase customer loyalty.
7. Track and report success metrics on marketing programs. Identify and test alternative marketing methods, establish measureable objectives, and deliver post event analyses to results against goals. Present findings to management team and make recommendations for future changes.
8. Write copy for printed materials to promote books and imprints/company to the media and customers, including but not limited to postcards, flyers, bookmarks, posters, sell sheets, and catalogs. Write content for electronic promotional strategies, including but not limited to email campaigns, electronic newsletters, the Lerner blog, and features for Lerner Web sites such as promotions, monthly book features, author pages, etc.
9. Represent company at industry conventions and meetings as needed.
10. Keep abreast of relevant marketing, PR, and industry information via trade and online journals.